Are you looking for the best implant dentist in Cleveland? There is no documented way to rank one dentist to be better than another in any area of dentistry. Although, Dr. Elrawy's credentials are quite impressive.
As a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Dr. Elrawy had to pass a stringent membership examination by the The American Board of Implant Dentistry. This involves an oral examination, as well as the presentation of professional credentials. More specifically, the AAID requires a Fellow to have at least five years of experience in practicing dental implant dentistry in both the surgical and restorative aspects. Each individual must have successfully completed a total of 400 hours of continuing education in implant dentistry and must attend an educational course offered by the American Academy. Completion of at least 50 dental implant cases is required and 10 cases are selected and presented in the oral interview session.
Dr. Elrawy is also a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantaologists. This organization requires passing another rigorous exam to receive certification, as well as approval by the ICOI's Advanced Credentials Commission. The ICOI is known as the largest provider of dental implant education and training available in the world.
Straumann dental implants is the #1 dental implants company in the world and Dr. Elrawy teaches other dentists how to use their products. Not only does this show the amount of respect his peers have for him, but it is a good indicator of his character. He is willing to go above and beyond, investing time apart from his practice to equip other dentists in improving their skills in the implant dentistry field.
Another important factor when looking for the best Cleveland implant dentist is to examine the level of care and attention to detail. Many dentists cut corners when it comes to dental implants to save money. But Dr. Elrawy will not use inferior fixtures. He only uses Straumann dental implant products. His decision to use 3-D scans also says a lot about his thoroughness. Other dentists take short-cuts with the use of two-dimensional panographic x-rays for diagnostics.
You can be confident that when you visit Dr. Elrawy that he is of one of the most caring and competent implant dentists in the Cleveland area. He can provide you with an informed, unbiased opinion about what is best for you.
Why You Need the Best Implant Dentist
Implant dentistry is not a legally recognized dental specialty. This means that really any dentist can make the claim to be an expert.
As a patient, you need to be careful. The fasting growing area of malpractice lawsuits in dentistry is in the area of dental implants. There are serious consequences that can result from inadequate care. Dental implant failure presents numerous complications like numbness of critical facial nerves, chronic infection, implants that poke through the sinus cavities, or implants that look and feel good for a few years and then become loose of fall out.
As a patient, there are many things to consider when searching for an implant dentist.
- Make sure you research their credentials. There are only a few organizations that certify implant dentists based on the latest training.
- Look for an implant dentist that will take the time to meet with you one-on-one. You deserve individualized attention with such a major investment.
- Since the implant dentistry field is changing so rapidly, find a dentist that is actively pursuing the latest continued education courses. Any mentoring or teaching experience is an added benefit.
- Ask to see photos of their work and look for testimonials or feedback from previous patients. Most credible dentists will be an open book and will proudly show specific cases similar to yours.
- Research the cost of dental implants for your area. Even with outstanding education and credentials, a quality dental implant dentist should fall within the average.