When you are missing teeth, there are several options for replacing them. Dental implants are becoming more popular as a tooth replacement option for a number of reasons. The biggest reason is that they're the closest thing to having your own natural teeth again.
Dr. Hylan's wife, father and aunt all have dental implants. They say their implants feel like their own, healthy teeth. If you ask them how they like their implants, they would say they are amazing.
How Dental Implants Work
There are two aspects involved in the dental implant procedure. First, the surgery will take place where the titanium tooth root is implanted into the jawbone. Then, in the restorative phase, a porcelain crown is created to fit precisely in place over the implant.
This is demonstrated in the diagram shown to the right.
There is usually a period of healing between the two phases so the implant can set into place over time, called osseointegration. The bond that is formed with the tooth prevents the shrinking of the jawbone. To learn more, please visit our facial collapse page.
The Many Benefits of Cleveland Dental Implants
If you are missing all of your teeth, dental implants offer you many advantages.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth.
- They are strong and durable so they can be used to stabilize a denture.
- When you are missing all your teeth, implants prevent facial collapse.
- They are more comfortable than removable dental appliances.
- They will firmly fit in place so you don't have to worry about them slipping around.
- Chewing efficiency is significantly improved.
- From a conversational distance, no one will be able to tell they aren't your real teeth.
Diagram of a Dental Implant
Shown in the diagram above, you can see how the dental implant bonds with your jawbone. A prosthetic is placed to mimic the look and functionality of your natural tooth.
Hylan Dental Care offers complete care of both the surgical and restorative phases of Cleveland dental implants. Give us a call at
or click here to visit our make an appointment page.