Best Dental Implant Dentist Near Fairview Park, OH
Are you a resident of Fairview Park, Ohio and need a dental implant to fill in a missing tooth's open space?
Dental implants are one of the few missing teeth solutions we offer patients at Hylan Dental Care of Fairview Park.
Our office provides the implant as missing tooth solution because it's continuously the top choice by patients and it plays an integral part in gaining more confidence in their smiles.
Need an implant after a Root Canal Treatment or a tooth extraction?
Make an appointment with the dental office that puts patients' comfort first and practices Gentle Dentistry techniques during every advanced dental procedure: Hylan Dental Care.
Patients have trusted Hylan Dental with dental procedures and emergency dental care for the last 40 years.
It's time you trust them too.
Hylan Dental Care of Fairview Park Office
Address: 22245 Lorain Rd, Fairview Park, OH 44126
Phone: (440) 644-8100
Monday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Tuesday: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
What is A Dental Implant?
Dental implants are permanent fixtures and are made up of two parts: the implant and the crown.
- The implant is a substitute tooth root made of titanium.
- The titanium material is sturdy and durable yet lightweight.
- The substitute tooth root is what is implanted into (or on) your jawbone.
- A crown (an imitation tooth) is then created by your dentist.
- This is fused into the implant, and it will fit and cover the entire area that your natural tooth did.
- A crown mimics the original tooth's shape, color, and size.
This process is usually completed in two appointments, and you will have a temporary crown on your implant as you wait for the permanent crown to be made.
The finished look of a dental implant has an uncanny resemblance to a natural tooth; no one will be able to point out what tooth is a dental implant.
Who Can Get A Dental Implant?
Are you missing a tooth and the root that anchored it in your mouth?
Did you answer yes?
If so, then you are a candidate.
Patients who were born without a tooth or have had tooth extractions due to injury, infection or decay (Root Canals, etc.) benefit greatly from dental implant procedures.
People decide to get dental implants for reasons that vary from preserving their jawbone to preventing teeth from moving and shifting (due to the open space a missing tooth leaves behind), to permanently fix dentures in place, or simply improving their smile.
What Types of Dental Implants Are There?
The two types of dental implants are:
- Endosteal implants - implants that is placed directly in the jawbone.
- This is the more common type of dental implant.
- Subperiosteal implants - dental implants that are placed under the gum but above or on the jawbone.
- These are often used on patients who do not have enough healthy natural jawbone and did not go through a procedure to rebuild and restructure the jawbone prior to implant surgery.
Your doctor at Hylan Dental will determine what type of implant is most beneficial to you.
How Much Does A Dental Implant Cost?
The cost of a dental implant is a little tricky to answer, because the final price depends on a few different factors.
The price of a dental implant depends on:
- Dental insurance coverage. Your insurance plan could cover the entire cost, a portion, or none.
- Be sure to discuss insurance coverage with your insurance provider and your dentist before your procedure.
- How many and what type of implants you need.
- If you have additional procedures to prep your mouth/jaw. If you have a weaker jawbone, your dentist may recommend a bone augmentation procedure to rebuild it before your implant procedure.
- Additional procedure, while not required, are suggested for your benefit.
How Does A Dental Implant Benefit Me?
Aside from the obvious reasons (filling in a gap, being strong and durable), a dental implant lends itself to a lot of positive benefits for patients who choose this option.
The advantages of Dental Implants:
- Your mouth can sink in around the open spaces left by missing teeth. Dental implants prevent facial collapse from happening.
- More comfortable than removable dental appliances (like dentures).
- Implants stay in place. There isn't a need to worry about implants slipping or shifting, as they are permanently fixed in your mouth.
- Your chewing significantly improves.
- Your smile has a realistic, natural look even with a fake tooth.
- It saves your jawbone. A dental implant is the only missing tooth solution that preserves your jawbone.
Experience these advantages and more when you decide a dental implant is the perfect choice for your missing tooth solution.
What Is The Pain Level Of a Dental Implant Surgery?
As you probably already know, pain tolerance varies from person to person.
When it comes to dental implant surgery, it still varies patient to patient.
Although most patients have noted that the pain level they experienced after their surgery was far less intense than they expected, it could be different for you.
Most of the time, there isn't a need for prescription pain pills.
Over-the-counter pain medications like Acetaminophen (Tylenol) or Ibuprofen (Advil) have been sufficient for patients who have experienced mild discomfort after surgery.
How Do I Take Care of My Dental Implant?
The aftercare of dental implants is pretty simple and easy to follow.
All you have to do is treat your dental implant as you do your natural teeth.
As long as you already have a solid oral hygiene routine, you don't need to change your habits.
Request an Appointment at Hylan Dental CareToday!
Hylan Dental Care has serving Fairview Park patients for the past 40 years.
And we can't wait for the next 40 years.
Start your journey with our office and find out what dental implant type you need with a consultation today.
Let your smile be one of dental dreams and contact the Experienced Dentists at Hylan Dental Care serving Fairview Park, Ohio!
Click the button below to schedule your visit with us today!