5 Tips to Restore a Youthful Smile | Countering Aging
Regain Your Smile and Confidence
It’s human nature for most of us to be concerned with our looks and getting older. This tends to resonate in our smile.
We often wish we could turn back the clock and return to the fresh and youthful appearance of our younger years.
Do you look in the mirror and notice those fine lines and wrinkles starting to be more prominent around your eyes and mouth? If so, you're not alone.
Maybe the stresses of work and family are leaving you looking and feeling exhausted. There are many reasons you can feel excessive aging.
However, that does not mean that you have to accept an older looking smile.
Let's take a look at actions you can take to dial the clock back a few years!
Article Table of Contents:
- Tooth contouring or reshaping
- Porcelain veneers and crowns
- Dental bonding
- Replacing silver-mercury amalgam fillings
- Teeth whitening
Returning Your Healthy Smile
Let's face it... aging is a part of life that’s going to happen to all of us whether we like it or not.
Did you know that your smile ages right along with the rest of your body?
Over the years, tooth decay can leave your teeth in sad shape. They can shift, and as your enamel becomes thinner, those pearly whites can start looking yellowed and stained.
A recent study conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) says while smiling can help you appear younger, cosmetic dentists say damaged or yellow teeth could have the opposite effect.
It found that people are actually more likely to think you are older than you really if your smile looks aged. However, you're not doomed to an old-looking smile.
You can project a youthful and healthy smile with any of these quick and easy tips.
Let's check them out!
- Tooth contouring or reshaping - Corrects minor imperfections by simply polishing the worn edges and sharp angles of your teeth, making them appear more aligned and symmetrical.
- Porcelain veneers and crowns - Veneers and crowns restore and enhance a portion or nearly all of a tooth's original structure, function, and esthetics.
- Dental bonding - Conceals gaps, chips, and stains by sculpting a tooth-colored resin composite to give the appearance of more attractive teeth.
- Replacing silver-mercury amalgam fillings - Replacing an old filling with a new tooth-colored composite resin filling may be a prudent approach to both brighten and alleviate any further breakdown of the tooth.
- Teeth whitening – A youthful smile is not obviously white, but healthfully white, so be sure to enlist the help of a cosmetic dentist trained to select an appropriate, natural shade of white.
Visit the Smile Restoration Experts
If you want to reverse the aging of your smile, visit Hylan Dental today.
Our dental experts will assist you in restoring the smile of your youth whether you need teeth whitening or dental bonding.
Click the link below for a Consultation if you'd like to reverse the clock and feel more confident and youthful in your smile today!