8 Reasons to Start Smiling More | Health Benefits of Smiling
Smile and Benefit
Have you ever went to sleep and thought to yourself, "I have smiled too much today."
Probably not, right? A day full of smiling is typically a pretty great day.
New year or not, life isn’t always easy. Some days it's hard to muster up enough energy to get through the day, let alone try and smile through it.
Let's look at some excellent reasons to start spreading that grin across your face.
Smiling does more than increase your face value.
Did you know a smile can affect people around you and actually make them feel better, too?
Check out all the reasons why you should smile more:
- Smiling boosts your immune system: Studies have found evidence that smiling enables your immune system to work more effectively.
- Smiling relieves stress: Even if you don't feel like smiling or are not aware you are smiling, it can actually reduce stress.
- Smiling lowers blood pressure: There is a marked reduction in blood pressure when people smile.
- Smiling releases "feel good" chemicals: Tired of feeling blue or down? Smiling releases endorphins which are our body's natural painkillers.
- Smiling is contagious: Flash that smile of yours to everyone you come in contact with! When you smile at other people, they will become happier and most likely smile back.
- Smiling makes you work harder: Smiling is actually linked to productivity. So the next time you're feeling lethargic and unmotivated, take a few seconds to look at a funny picture or think of your favorite joke. You'll be grinding and getting your work done in no time!
- Smiling makes you look younger: How would you like to knock a couple of years off your appearance? We have an easy solution...smile more! It is a fantastic anti-aging remedy. Think of smiling as a natural fountain of youth.
- Smiling will help you live longer: People who smile more likely to live longer, by about seven years, than individuals who barely ever smile.
Smile Like You Mean It
Whatever makes you smile, do it often and do it proudly. Flash your pearly whites and your day will automatically feel better.
Are you less than confident in your smile? Or are you missing teeth?
If you need an exceptional Dentist near Cleveland, Ohio with the most advanced and cutting-edge technology, contact Hylan Dental.
Our gentle techniques will put you at ease and you'll be beyond satisfied with your dental health.
Click the link below for a consultation with our Dental Team today!