How Your Smile Impacts Your Self-Esteem
A Smile A Day Keeps The Bad Self-Esteem Away
Perfect, straight sparkling white teeth aren't the only part of a smile that builds your self-confidence.
Maintaining good dental health also plays a significant role when it comes to your confidence in your grin.
Taking care of both parts of your smile affects your confidence, self-esteem, and psychology - not to mention, those around you are positively affected too.
Let's take a look at what smiling can do for you...
Article Table of Contents:
- The Act of Smiling
- The Psychology Behind A Smile
- How Can I Improve My Smile?
- Boost Your Self-Esteem Today!
We tend to underestimate the power of a smile.
A smile from a stranger makes you feel happier and good about yourself and that person.
In return, when you smile, your self-confidence gets a natural boost.
You feel better about yourself.
When you feel better about yourself, you can improve other areas of your life too.
All of this makes a lot of sense, but is it just hearsay?
It's scientific facts.
There is a lot of psychology that backs up the link between smiling and higher levels of self-esteem.
Studies show that when you smile, you:
- Become more approachable to those around you. When you smile, you'll find that others will want to talk to you more often, and there will be fewer people shying way when you're speaking.
- A smile radiates confidence, and confidence is something that attracts anyone.
- People tend to perceive you as someone is sociable, trustworthy, and intelligent - just from a smile!
- Create and maintain better relationships. Just by the simple act of smiling, you're able to make others feel more comfortable and more apt to hold conversations with you.
- Improve your mood. The act of smiling releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy and make you feel good.
- Make those around you happier. The phrase "smiling is contagious" isn't just a saying; it's true! When you smile, others will want to react and return the grin.
- Have a more youthful appearance. People usually judge a smiling face as appearing younger than it is, so if your expression is neutral or frowning, you may look older.
- And yes, smile lines can appear around your mouth as you age, but so what? You'll be too happy from smiling to notice or care.
Don’t wait to get the smile of your dreams.
Create yours through dental visits!
Through routine dental appointments - like teeth cleanings - you maintain good oral health.
It is strongly recommended to visit your dentist at least two times a year for routine cleanings.
This is a significant first step toward improving your grin.
Dental offices usually offer several options to further invest in your smile.
These services can include:
If you're embarrassed to smile, you are only doing a disservice to yourself.
Not only are you experiencing less happiness, but you're also missing out on the potential for developing new and meaningful relationships.
If you are hesitant about running to the dentist for help because of the idea of medical bills scares you, don't let that stop you.
Hylan Dental Care offers affordable dentistry options.
Do you find yourself hiding your smile because of crooked teeth or stains?
Does the thought of most self-confidence seem like a dream-come-true to you?
If so, and if you live in the greater Cleveland area, schedule an appointment with Hylan Dental Care today!
Let us help your self-confidence and your smile by clicking on the button below!