When you are missing teeth, there are several options for replacing them. Dental implants are becoming more popular as a tooth replacement option for a number of reasons. The biggest reason is that they’re the closest thing to having your own natural teeth again. Dr. Hylan’s wife, father and aunt all have dental implants. They say their implants feel like their own, healthy teeth. If you ask them how they like their implants, they would say they are amazing.
With the state-of-the-art technology Dr. Hylan utilizes in-house, patients no longer need to feel fear about having a dental implant procedure. Every step in the process is laid out for the patient, and the procedure is nearly pain-free. The implants procedure can be done in two ninety-minute visits.
How Dental Implants Work
There are two aspects involved in the dental implant procedure. First, the surgery will take place where the titanium tooth root is implanted into the jawbone. Then, in the restorative phase, a porcelain crown is created to fit precisely in place over the implant. This is demonstrated in the diagram shown to the right.
There is usually a period of healing between the two phases so the implant can set into place over time, called osseointegration. The bond that is formed with the tooth prevents the shrinking of the jawbone. To learn more, please visit our facial collapse page.
The Many Benefits of Cleveland Dental Implants
If you are missing all of your teeth, dental implants offer you many advantages.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth.
- They are strong and durable so they can be used to stabilize a denture.
- When you are missing all your teeth, implants prevent facial collapse.
- They are more comfortable than removable dental appliances.
- They will firmly fit in place so you don’t have to worry about them slipping around.
- Chewing efficiency is significantly improved.
- From a conversational distance, no one will be able to tell they aren’t your real teeth.
Hylan Dental Care offers complete care of both the surgical and restorative phases of Cleveland dental implants. Give us a call at 855-876-6100 for new patients, or you can request an appointment online, by clicking on our request an appointment page.